Elite Technical Inc. is actively looking for a Senior-level WEB based Software Engineer experienced in working with the LAMP Stack in a high-traffic-production environment and experienced leading technical projects in the media industry and working in a collaborative fast paced environment with multiple projects and changing priorities. The ideal applicant will have a deep understanding of developing in the LAMP stack (PHP based), understanding of Web Architecture including; integrating 3rd party content (widgets, feeds) and services (ads, analytics, video), use of web services and APIs. The successful candidate will have a recent background working in the Media or a related industry. This is a Contract position that is budgeted to convert to a full time employee with our client. This position is stable, offers long-term security and is well compensated.
As a Senior Web Software Engineer, you will be working across the stack to build rich and innovative web applications and products (online, social media, responsive design, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile and team-oriented environment. You will work as team leader with other developers to develop, integrate, deploy, and support systems, applications, and processes that deliver web content to the browsers on desktop and connected devices for our clients brand family.
• Technical team lead, full stack web development
• Design, develop and maintain back-end systems to be scalable to millions of visitors
• Configure and manage company web servers running on LAMP stack in a high-traffic production environment
**About Elite Technical**
Elite Technical Services, Inc. is a certified woman-owned small business (WOSB) specializing in delivering cutting edge, cost effective technology integration and managed services. Elite Technical offers rewarding and challenging engineering and IT services opportunities with some of the most respected and successful companies in the world. As a member of our team, we partner with you to build your marketable skills and further your career. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a generous referral program and the chance to work on interesting, worthwhile work.
• Background and experience as a Web Software Engineer with a deep understanding of “Web Technology” and how it works from the backend to the delivery of content
• Ideally a background in the Media Industry. Alternatively, worked with public facing highly trafficked web sites and highly interactive i.e. Social Media, Publishing Houses, Startups (all marketing related)
• 5-7 years’ experience developing on a LAMP stack (PHP Based)
• 3-5 years’ experience in web systems architecture and administration
• Experience integrating 3rd party content (widgets, feeds) and services (ads, analytics, video); use of web services and APIs.
• Expert knowledge of web based back-end and front-end standards and technologies
• Understanding of networking issues on highly trafficked web-sites (WEB Networking and how it works)
• 3+ years’ experience working directly with clients, identifying their needs, requirements, and finding solutions
• Experience leading technical projects in the media industry and working in a collaborative fast paced environment with multiple projects and changing priorities